Who is a Class Member
- Persons who applied for a front-of-house position at a company-owned Texas Roadhouse restaurant between January 1, 2007 and June 31, 2019, were qualified for that employment, were 40 years of age or older at the time of application, and were denied employment.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other open class action settlements you may be eligible for.
- Estimated amount any one class member will be determined in part based on the number of valid and timely claims received.
Proof of Purchase
- No. However, claims will be assessed from Texas Roadhouse’s own records and any information provided by claimants. The Claim Form asks claimants to provide any available documentation of their earnings since the time of their application with Texas Roadhouse, including information about subsequent employment and other employers to whom the claimant applied for work.
Texas Roadhouse Age Discrimination Settlement Notes
- EEOC v. Texas Roadhouse Inc., Texas Roadhouse Holdings LLC and Texas Roadhouse Management Corp.
- Case No. 1:11-cv-11732-DJC
- Pending in U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Class members contend that Texas Roadhouse violated the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) by refusing to hire applicants 40 years of age and older for front-of-house positions at its restaurants nationwide because of their age.
Texas Roadhouse denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to $12,000,000.00 settlement pool in order to avoid further litigation.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Jeffrey Burstein, Raechel L. Adams, Markus L. Penzel, Sara Smolik, and James Lee from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Important Dates & Information
- After 7/31/18: Settlement approval hearing (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie)
- Claimants must submit their Claim Form no later than 45 days after the postmark date or email date of the settlement notice they received.
- Mail: EEOC v. Texas Roadhouse, Inc. Administrator, c/o Kurtzman Carson Consultants, P.O. Box 404017, Louisville, KY 40233-4017
- Phone: 1-855-556-1129
- Email: info@EEOCADEASettlement.com or firstname.lastname@example.org