Who is a Class Member
The Aspen BB Series Evaporator class action settlement includes “all owners of homes located in Nevada that are believed to have air conditioning systems that contain or contained Aspen Series BB evaporator coil units designed, manufactured and/or sold by Aspen.”
If you previously excluded yourself from the settlement, you cannot claim benefits under this settlement,
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $220 per Aspen Series BB unit
Proof of Purchase
- In addition to your claim form, you will likely be required to permit an inspection of your home and/or provide adequate documentation. If you have already replaced your HVAC Unit(s), you must provide the following proof to be considered for reimbursement:
- (i) picture of Aspen Sticker AND
- (ii) proof that the system was replaced (copy of contractor invoice at the time of replacement).
Aspen Series BB Evaporator Settlement Notes
- In re: Aspen Series BB Evaporator Coil Litigation
- Case No. A-14-710463-D, DEPT. No. XVI
- Pending in the District Court for Clark County, Nevada
In this class action lawsuit against, the plaintiffs claim that the Aspen-brand Series BB evaporator units, including the coils, pans, and all component parts, are defective and prematurely rust, which then discharge through condensate drains and leaves rust stains on property and blows rust particles into homes. It is important to note that this class action lawsuit does not allege claims for personal injury, wrongful death, or distress.
Aspen disputes these allegations that the Series BB evaporator units or its components are defective, but agreed to settle the case for $45 million. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Aspen Series BB Evaporator settlement website.
The Final Fairness Hearing was held June 1, 2019. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before June 17, 2019. If you have filed a claim and have not yet been contacted to schedule an inspection of your property, you do not need to file another claim. If you received an email confirmation after filing your claim, it is not necessary to file an additional claim for that same property.
- 7/17/19: Claim Form Deadline
- Mail: Total Class Solutions LLC, P.O. Box 869066, Plano, TX 75086-9066
- Phone: 1-855-684-6180
- Email: SeriesBB@TotalClassSolutions.com
- Scott K. Canepa, Terry W. Riedy, and Bryan T. Abele of Canepa Riedy Abele
- J. Randall Jones, Michael J, Gayan, and Nathanael R. Rulis of Kemp Jones & Coulthard LLP