Who is a Class Member
You are included in the One Nevada Credit Union FCRA Settlement Class if you were a member of One Nevada Credit Union on or after June 13, 2019.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
Settlement payouts will be distributed in equal amounts to claimants who file valid and timely claims.
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants will need to provide their One Nevada account number.
One Nevada Credit Union FCRA Settlement Notes
- Smith v. One Nevada Credit Union
- Case No. 2:16-cv-02156-GMN-NJK
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of Nevada
In September 2016, plaintiff Joseph Smith brought this class action lawsuit alleging One Nevada Credit Union violated the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) by accessing consumer credit reports to conduct “Account Review Inquiries” of One Nevada customers.
According to court documents, an “Account Review Inquiry” means a request by One Nevada for an individual’s Consumer Report. This definition excludes prescreening inquiries made by One Nevada pursuant to the ‘firm offer of credit or information’ provision of the FCRA, and excludes inquiries made by One Nevada for collection of a debt due and owing to One Nevada which has not been discharged in bankruptcy.”
In Smith’s case, he obtained a loan from One Nevada Credit Union in October 2004 and as of November 2008, the account was reported as closed. In May 2010, Smith filed for bankruptcy and received a bankruptcy discharge, extinguishing any relationship between him and One Nevada Credit Union. However, upon reviewing his credit report dated May 15, 2019, he discovered that on May 15, 2019, One Nevada Credit Union submitted an unauthorized credit inquiry to Experian, a credit reporting agency. Smith alleges that the credit inquiry, which was undertaken without his consent, constituted an unlawful and willful violation of the FCRA.
In agreeing to settle the FCRA class action lawsuit for $600K, One Nevada Credit Union admits to no wrongdoing.Complete details about the case and settlement can be found on the One Nevada Credit Union FCRA Settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the One Nevada Credit Union FCRA settlement must do so by May 24, 2019 . Class members who wish to receive a payment from the settlement must submit their claim form on or before May 24, 2019.
- 1/24/19 Claim Form Deadline
- 1/24/19: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 3/5/19: Final Hearing at 11:00 a.m. PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check CUFCRASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: One Nevada FCRA Settlement, c/o KCC Class Action Services, P.O. Box 404091, Louisville, KY 40233-4091
- Phone: 1-866-545-7418
- Email: info @CUFCRASettlement.com
- Abbas Kazerounian and Michael Kind of Kazerouni Law Group APC
- David H. Krieger of Haines & Krieger LLC.