Who is a Class Member
You are included in the TM Transport Truck Drivers Unpaid Wages Settlement “if, at any time on or after December 12, 2008 you were a truck driver or a truck driver trainee driving any truck tractor trailers or any other equipment for one or more of the Defendants, TM Transport Inc., Cadence Premier Cargo, Inc. f/k/a LT Cargo, Inc., or Mato Equipment Leasing, pursuant to an Independent Contractor Agreement and compensated on a per-mile basis.”
Note: You do not need to have a copy of the Independent Contractor Agreement to submit a claim.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- Between $200 and $1,340
Proof of Purchase
- To qualify for payment, claimants must provide their contact information as well as the beginning and end dates for when they worked for either TM Transport, Cadence Premier Cargo, LT Cargo, or Mato Equipment Leasing.
TM Transport Truck Drivers Unpaid Wages Settlement Notes
- Arkadiy Potiyevskiy et al. v. TM Transport, Inc., et al.
- Case No. 2013 CH 02739
- Pending in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois, County Department, Chancery Division
This putative class action lawsuit involves allegations that TM Transport, Cadence Premier Cargo, LT Cargo, and Mato Equipment Leasing (collectively known as the “defendants”) violated the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act.. Specifically seven named plaintiffs, all truck drivers for these companies, say they were misclassified as independent contractors rather than employees and as such were underpaid per mile driven.
Additionally, the truck drivers say the defendants “improperly reduced the number of payable miles the truckers wrote in their log books, withheld payment from them for weeks, and otherwise made a variety of improper deductions from their payments.”
The Court granted preliminarily approval to the TM Transport Truck Drivers Unpaid Wages settlement on June 18, 2019.
Class members who wish to opt out or object to the terms of the TM Transport Truck Drivers Unpaid Wages Settlement must do so by May 18, 2019. Class members who wish to submit a claim for payment must do so by May 18, 2019.
- 1/18/18: Claim Filing Deadline
- 1/18/18: Opt Out or Objection Deadline
- 2/21/18: Final Approval Hearing at 2:00 am CT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check ltcargosettlementaward.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Settlement Administrator, Bikbova Law Offices, 3400 Dundee Road, Suite 150, Northbrook, IL 60602
- Phone: 1-847-730-1800